HOW TO GET TO LA COUPOLE
By public transport
There is a “Mouvéo” shuttle service between Saint-Omer railway station and La Coupole to enable car-free access to the History Centre and 3D Planetarium. The bus stops at various locations in the town, with schedules that correspond to those of the SNCF train lines. Find out more about Mouvéo.
You can also take a taxi from Saint-Omer railway station.
Address: Rue André Clabaux (D210) 62570 Wizernes (FRANCE)
GPS coordinates: N50.69844596 E2.2435140
- 5 km from Saint-Omer, follow the road signs
- 1 hour from Lille: Leave the A25 motorway at the Hazebrouck/Saint-Omer exit
- 45 minutes from Calais: Exit no. 3 on the A26 motorway.
- 3 hours from Paris: A1 then A26 motorway, exit no. 4.
- 2.5 hours from Rouen: A16 motorway then N42 road.
- 1.5 hours from Ghent: A14/E17 then A25 motorway towards Dunkerque. Exit to Hazebrouck/Saint-Omer.
- 2 hours from Brussels: E429 motorway to Lille then A25 motorway towards Dunkerque. Exit to Hazebrouck/Saint-Omer.
Renting a car is also a good way to get to La Coupole. Click here for more information.
La Coupole, located 5 km from Saint-Omer (Nord–Pas-de-Calais), is one of the most impressive vestiges of WW2 in Europe. Through the sheer bulk of its structure, its underground installations, and the suffering of the forced labour used to build it, the place is symbolic of Nazi oppression.
Find us on a map
CENTRE D’HISTOIRE ET PLANÉTARIUM 3D
62570 Wizernes – France