Mission of remembrance
Via the content of our exhibitions, establishing a collection of archives (part of which can be consulted in our Resource Centre), holding colloquia and putting on temporary exhibitions are all part of this mission.
La Coupole was also behind the Livre des 9 000 déportés de France à Mittelbau-Dora (Book of the 9,000 deportees to Mittelbau-Dora from France), published by Cherche Midi. This work, the fruit of two decades of research, sets down on paper a significant part of the history of the Deportations from the Nord-Pas de Calais.
Mission to spread scientific knowledge
Via the 3D Planetarium, our exhibitions and events revolving around space travel and the Universe.
Mission of education
Combining the disciplines of History and Science, each year our education department concocts a range of activities for schools and teachers. La Coupole is a favourite destination for schools in the Hauts-de-France region, and is visited each year by thousands of schoolchildren from the region and further afield.
Mission to foster good citizenship
By upholding some basic values for maintaining social harmony, La Coupole strives to defend the principles of democracy and the Republic, embodied in its “Centre for Information and Awareness Raising in Education and Good Citizenship”.
In accordance with its missions, La Coupole seeks to initiate actions for the development of partnerships with structures that share the same values.
- Support La Coupole in its general organisation and specific missions
- Contribute to enriching our museum
- Uphold and share our values
- Give meaning to your commitment to society and to the community
- Link your company name to an exceptional cultural and remembrance site
Examples of projects supported by our sponsors
- Biographic directory of Nord–Pas-de-Calais resistance members
- Acquisition of items for our permanent collection
- Digital enhancement of the museum
- Contributing to future temporary exhibitions
Priority access to our facilities and events
- Private tours of the History Centre
- Behind-the-scenes tours
- Planetarium projections (current films and previews)
- Invitations to all our events (opening nights, conferences, shows, etc.)
- Private use of our reception areas for your business events
- Special rates for your employees
Far-reaching publicity for your business
Your company name will be promoted in our various media communications, such as our website, social networks, and schedules of activities, as well as within our organisation. It is worth mentioning that La Coupole attracts over 140,000 visitors each year.
You would also benefit from exposure at events for which specific promotional media is produced.
Join our current sponsors
- La Fondation du Crédit Agricole Hauts-de-France and La Fondation du Crédit Agricole Pays de France are working with us on a project to develop augmented reality tablets
- La Fondation d’Entreprise de la France Mutualiste and La Compagnie Française de Chaudronnerie for the acquisition, transport and installation of a real V1 rocket under the dome of La Coupole
- Sony, who is supporting our acquisition of new screens displaying information about the 3D Planetarium
- Cherche Midi who has published our Livre des 9 000 déportés de France à Mittelbau-Dora
Mission Mécénat-Partenariats (sponsors and patrons department) of the Conseil départemental du Pas-de-Calais
Find out more about becoming a sponsor here